A unique set of preclinical services for inhaled products and aerosol therapies
Cynbiose Respiratory® performs non-clinical studies to support the biopharma industry as well as academic research teams with the preclinical development of drugs (including small molecules, biologics, immunotherapies, antibodies, Live Biotherapeutic products) delivered by an innovative and non invasive route of administration.
Specialized in inhaled products and aerosol therapies, Cynbiose Respiratory® offers a unique set of preclinical services such as in vitro evaluation and selection of inhalation devices, in vivo pharmacological and biodistribution (pulmonary and central) studies, as well as proof of concept on physiopathological diseases models.
We provide custom-made and high quality services in a GLP-like quality system. Our team also supports its sponsors with scientific and technical advice.
Dedicated solutions for the preclinical assessment of inhaled products
in vitro services for aerosol therapies and inhaled products
Thanks to our network of scientific experts and preferred partners, Cynbiose Respiratory® offers related services such as:
- Aerosol metrology to analyze aerosol aerodynamical properties, in accordance to European and American pharmacopoeia
- Expertise to select aerosol devices (nasal, lung) and develop inhaled formulation
- Bioequivalence studies
in vivo services for the assessment of aerosol therapies in a translational model
Cynbiose Respiratory® has extensive experience in in vivo models for respiratory studies and preclinical assessment of inhaled products in the non-human primate model.
Due to the similiraty in the anatomy of the airways and lungs and physiology of the respiratory tract, the NHP is considered a better model for aerosol inhalation exposure compared to humans than other species.
In vivo studies to evaluate drug deposition and distribution in the lung tissue
- Nasal deposition and pulmonary deposition in animals spontaneously breathing or anesthetized and under mechanical ventilation
- Biodistribution and PK/PD studies after drug inhalation / aerosolization
- Pulmonary microdialysis in macaques to follow the kinetic of inhaled drugs in the targeted organ.
Our team can also perform lung function measurement in the NHP and other analysis, including but not limited to respiratory function, immune response, quantification of pathogens (viruses, bacteria, fungi) or lesions (tumor, fibrosis,…), lung tissue remodeling.
For drug candidates that aim at targeting the Central Nervous System, we can evaluate Nose-to-Brain delivery strategies that allow to circumvent the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB) and deliver drugs to the brain.
Physiopathological diseases models of respiratory pathologies
- Efficacy models of viral, bacterial and fungal respiratory infection
- Models of pulmonary inflammation and infection
- On-demand diseases models can be developed to answer specific needs
Please contact us to further discuss your needs and learn how Cynbiose Respiratory® and Cynbiose can assist you to accelerate the development of your drug and/or device R&D programs.