Our team of preclinical experts and values
Dr Hugues Contamin, DVM, PhD
Founder and CEO of Cynbiose and Cynbiose Respiratory
Hugues Contamin, is a veterinarian and PhD in microbiology. He specialized in the study of infectious diseases at the Pasteur Institute, where he worked as a researcher for 15 years. He also managed various experimental platforms such as the animal facility and primate breeding of the Institut Pasteur in French Guyana as well as the experimental animal laboratory of the French BSL4 high security laboratory located in Lyon. After 3 years as head of the veterinary activity of a regulatory toxicology center, he founded two preclinical CRO, Cynbiose in 2008 and Cynbiose Respiratory in 2017.
Dr Contamin has authored more than 50 publications in international journals.
Dr Joachim Confais, PhD
CSO of Cynbiose and Cynbiose Respiratory
PhD in Cognitive Neurosciences, Joachim spent more than ten years studying the sensorimotor system of non-human primates, in France and in Japan. Following this academic career, he enters a training program in preclinical research and becomes in 2018 the CSO of Cynbiose. As such, Joachim ensures the scientific excellence of our services, and manages the internal and collaborative R&D programs of our company.
Dr Confais has authored 10 scientific publications in international journals and more than 30 communications in international congresses.
Dr Stéphane Ployart, DVM, MSc
Attending Veterinarian and Head of Animal Science and Welfare of Cynbiose
Graduated from the École Nationale Vétérinaire d’Alfort in 2006, Stéphane has worked more than 10 years as a veterinary clinician. During these years, he specialized in the exclusive practice of veterinary surgery. He then joined Cynbiose in 2019 as head of the animal care team. Thus, he is in charge of animal welfare, as well as medical and surgical expertise and is a referent to the regulatory authorities.
Dr Ployart has authored more than 10 scientific publications including 3 in international journals.
Based on our extensive experience, Cynbiose’s teams offers support and guidance all along your projects.
- Scientific advice and technical support
- Customized protocol design
- Close customer relationship all along the process
- Flexible studies
Our teams combine complementary expertise, essential to the implementation of all our services :
- A study direction team, including qualified scientific and trained staff for the management of safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacology studies.
- A veterinary team comprising technicians and veterinarians specialized in veterinary surgery, animal welfare and laboratory animal science. Our scientific and technical staff handles all the technical and medical aspects of a study.
- A Quality Assurance manager, which guarantees the compliance of the studies with our clients’ requirements (e.g. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and AAALAC).
- An R&D team able to initiate and lead research programs thanks to its wide scientific background and expertise.
- A network of scientific experts from the academia and industry who provide valuable insights into each research area.
“Explore and innovate” drives our mission. We believe that our global understanding of our sponsors’ challenges, combined with our expertise and agility leads us to go further, together. We explore the potential of your drugs and innovate by proposing flexible protocols, novel in vivo models and translational readouts.
Our corporate values drive our company since the beginning:
- Trust: we trust in the value of our teams, we care about our customers and partners. Building long-lasting relationships and delivering reliable data are a key to trust: our business track record demonstrates clients’ confidence.
- Address challenges: as R&D figures in our core business, we continuously address new challenges and we love it!
- Create value: we are convinced that through our partnerships, scientific expertise and passion, the innovation we deliver creates value for human health.
- Act with integrity: it’s about being honest, open-minded and respectful in our daily interactions with our collaborators, partners and clients.
Only available in French. English version coming soon.