- Cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- Rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta)
- African green monkey (genus Chlorocebus)
- On-demand pathogens
Infection method: Natural infection, SC, IV
- Infection tropism
- Efficacy assessment of vaccines or therapeutics
- Evaluation of systemic or topical (incl nebulization) administrations
- Clinical follow-up
- Core body temperature : continuous monitoring using an implantable data logger
- Clinical pathology : biochemistry and complete blood count with differential) in a BSL1/2/3 setting thanks to state-of-the-art biological analyzers
- Viral detection and quantification by RT-qPCR
- Viral titration using using the Median Tissue Culture Infectious Dose (TCID50) assay
- Assessment of the host response by seroneutralization assays
- Ultrasound-guided needle biopsies
- Custom readouts
- Preclinical development of immunotherapies for infectious diseases: relevance of the Non-Human Primate. Verset M, Contamin H. Immunotherapies for Infectious Diseases Congress (I4ID) 2017, 11-12 Déc. 2017, Lyon.
- Plasmodium falciparum infected squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus): a non-human primate model for the assessment of antimalarial efficiency of drug candidates. Grandin C. 12th European Primate Veterinarian (EPV) annual symposium, 27-28 Sept 2012, Lyon.
- Measles vaccine expressing the secreted form of West Nile virus envelope glycoprotein induces protective immunity in squirrel monkeys, a new model of West Nile virus infection. Brandler S, Marianneau P, Loth P, Lacôte S, Combredet C, Frenkiel MP, Desprès P, Contamin H, Tangy F. J Infect Dis. 2012 Jul 15;206(2):212-9.
- Experimental infection of squirrel monkeys with nipah virus. Marianneau P, Guillaume V, Wong T, Badmanathan M, Looi RY, Murri S, Loth P, Tordo N, Wild F, Horvat B, Contamin H. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010 Mar;16(3):507-10.
- Early and strong immune responses are associated with control of viral replication and recovery in lassa virus-infected cynomolgus monkeys.
Baize S, Marianneau P, Loth P, Reynard S, Journeaux A, Chevallier M, Tordo N, Deubel V, Contamin H. J Virol. 2009 Jun;83(11):5890-903.