Cynbiose can assess the efficacy of your therapeutics or vaccine in a translational non-human primate (NHP) model. This model is relevant to test innovative or repurposed drug candidates as well as aerosoltherapies.
- Cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- African green monkey (genus Chlorocebus)
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) / COVID-19 strains (Primary strain, various European D614G variants, UK variant, South-African variant, Brazilian variant, Delta variant, Omicron original and BA5 subvariant)
- Infection method : intratracheal, intranasal pulverization
Type of test item
- Antibodies, immunotherapies, antiviral candidates, small molecules
- Combined treatments
- Aerosoltherapies & inhaled products
- Efficacy assessment of vaccines or therapeutics
- Evaluation of systemic or topical (incl nebulization) administrations
- Clinical follow-up
- Core body temperature : continuous monitoring using an implantable data logger
- Clinical pathology : biochemistry and complete blood count with differential) in a BSL1/2/3 setting thanks to state-of-the-art biological analyzers
- Sampling : Bronchoalveolar lavage, Nasal & nasopharyngeal swabs, blood sampling, feces
- Viral detection and quantification by RT-qPCR
- Viral titration using using the Median Tissue Culture Infectious Dose (TCID50) assay
- Assessment of the host response by seroneutralization assays
- Custom readouts & biomarkers
- Preclinical efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity in cynomolgus macaques of the PHH-1V COVID-19 vaccine candidate based on a recombinant RBD fusion heterodimer of SARS-CoV-2.
Moros A, Fernández A, Bech-Sabat G, Barreiro A, Garriga C, Pradenas E, Marfil S, Blanco J, Sisteré M, Meyerhans A, Confais J, Toussenot M, Contamin H, Pizzorno A, Rosa-Calatrava M, Prat T, Roca M, March R, Prenafeta A, Ferrer L.
Spanish Society for Virology national congress, Sept 6-9, 2022.
- African Green Monkey model of SARS-CoV-2 infection shows mild lung pathology and viral replication in the airways.
Confais J, Toussenot M, Julien T, Ployart S, Pizzorno A, Rosa-Calatrava M, Contamin H.
Immunotherapies & Innovations for Infectious Diseases congress, 9-10th December, 2020.
- VirPath laboratory (Claude Bernard Lyon University, INSERM, CNRS, ENS Lyon) specializing in virology and human respiratory pathologies