Cynbiose can assess the efficacy of your drug candidate in a translational non-human primate (NHP) model. This model is relevant to test innovative or repurposed drug candidates as well as aerosoltherapies.
- Cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- African green monkey (genus Chlorocebus)
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) / COVID-19 strains (Primary strain, various European D614G variants, UK variant, South-African variant)
- Infection method : intratracheal, intranasal pulverization
Type of test item
- Vaccines, antibodies, immunotherapies, antiviral candidates, small molecules and combination of treatments
- Body temperature monitoring (implanted logger)
- Clinical pathology : biochemistry and complete blood count with differential in a BSL 2/3 setting thanks to state-of-the-art biological analyzers
- Lung function measurement
- Specific biomarkers
- Sampling : Bronchoalveolar lavage, Nasal & nasopharyngeal swabs, blood sampling, feces
- Virological analysis : local viremia, viral titer
- Transcriptomics, Metagenomics
- African Green Monkey model of SARS-CoV-2 infection shows mild lung pathology and viral replication in the airways.
Confais J, Toussenot M, Julien T, Ployart S, Pizzorno A, Rosa-Calatrava M, Contamin H.
Immunotherapies & Innovations for Infectious Diseases congress, 9-10th December, 2020.
- VirPath laboratory (Claude Bernard Lyon University, INSERM, CNRS, ENS Lyon) specializing in virology and human respiratory pathologies