Cynbiose can assess the efficacy of your therapeutics or vaccine in a translational non-human primate (NHP) model. This model is relevant to test innovative or repurposed drug candidates as well as aerosoltherapies.
- Cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- African green monkey (genus Chlorocebus)
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) / COVID-19 strains (Primary strain, various European D614G variants, UK variant, South-African variant, Brazilian variant, Delta variant, Omicron original and BA5 subvariant)
- Infection method : intratracheal, intranasal pulverization
Type of test item
- Antibodies, immunotherapies, antiviral candidates, small molecules
- Combined treatments
- Aerosoltherapies & inhaled products
- Efficacy assessment of vaccines or therapeutics
- Evaluation of systemic or topical (incl nebulization) administrations
- Clinical follow-up
- Core body temperature : continuous monitoring using an implantable data logger
- Clinical pathology : biochemistry and complete blood count with differential) in a BSL1/2/3 setting thanks to state-of-the-art biological analyzers
- Sampling : Bronchoalveolar lavage, Nasal & nasopharyngeal swabs, blood sampling, feces
- Viral detection and quantification by RT-qPCR
- Viral titration using using the Median Tissue Culture Infectious Dose (TCID50) assay
- Assessment of the host response by seroneutralization assays
- Custom readouts & biomarkers
- Preclinical efficacy, safety and immunogenicity assessment of a vaccine candidate in a cynomolgus monkey model of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Confais J, Toussenot M, Ployart S, Bech-Sabat G, Roca M, Pizzorno A, Julien T, Rosa-Calatrava M, March R, Contamin H.
Festival of Biologics, Nov 2-4, 2022 & Immunotherapies & Innovations for Infectious Diseases congress, November 23-24, 2022.
- Preclinical efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity in cynomolgus macaques of the PHH-1V COVID-19 vaccine candidate based on a recombinant RBD fusion heterodimer of SARS-CoV-2.
Moros A, Fernández A, Bech-Sabat G, Barreiro A, Garriga C, Pradenas E, Marfil S, Blanco J, Sisteré M, Meyerhans A, Confais J, Toussenot M, Contamin H, Pizzorno A, Rosa-Calatrava M, Prat T, Roca M, March R, Prenafeta A, Ferrer L.
Spanish Society for Virology national congress, Sept 6-9, 2022.
- African Green Monkey model of SARS-CoV-2 infection shows mild lung pathology and viral replication in the airways.
Confais J, Toussenot M, Julien T, Ployart S, Pizzorno A, Rosa-Calatrava M, Contamin H.
Immunotherapies & Innovations for Infectious Diseases congress, 9-10th December, 2020.
- VirPath laboratory (Claude Bernard Lyon University, INSERM, CNRS, ENS Lyon) specializing in virology and human respiratory pathologies
- VirNext is a spin-off (EZUS Lyon) of the Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL1), which was created within the VirPath laboratory to foster industrial partnerships and enhance translational research. VirNext offers expertise in the field of respiratory viruses (including SARS-CoV-2) and provides a large panel of technologies, including egg and cell-based processes of virus and vaccine antigen production, and several potency tests using in vitro (cell lines and reconstituted human airway epithelium) and in vivo models of infections dedicated to the evaluation of prophylactic and therapeutic candidates.