This model induces ostearthritis (cartilage damage) and tissue responses that closely replicate the pathology as in humans.
It effectively mimics the early stages of human post-traumatic osteoarthritis (reduction of the cartilage thickness by 30%).
- Species: Cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- Model based on a surgically-induced instability of the knee joint
Type of test item
- Anti-inflammatory NCE
- Anti-inflammatory biologics
- Cartilage repair, chondrostimulant
- Daily clinical assessment : pain, locomotion, joint aperture angle
- Clinical pathology
- Sampling : blood, synovial lavage, …
- Monitoring and automated quantification of the injuries by imaging modalities: µCT arthrography, MRI. Possibility to use advanced MRI sequences to investigate the cartilage structure.
- Synovial, seral and urine specific biomarkers
- On-demand and customized readouts
Validation of the model
- Cartilage thinning observed by µCT arthrography
- Monthly injection of Ostenyl Plus decreases the symptoms
- Eurostars innovative program, Cynbiose (Coordinator)
- Specializing preclinical CRO in tissue analysis (skin, bone and cartilage)
- CREATIS, CNRS UMR-5220, INSERM U1206, Université Lyon 1