Cynbiose is committed to provide valuable preclinical and innovative research services. As being collaborative is essential to success, we have established strategic and business partnerships.
Cynbiose Respiratory is a business unit of Cynbiose, with unique expertise and capabilities for aerosol therapies and respiratory diseases. As a contract research organization the company provides a set of innovative technologies and preclinical services to assess drugs pharmacology and efficacy in the area of respiratory diseases and aerosol therapy. They provide a complete service of bio-drugs formulation, including nebulizor signature and in vivo PK/PD characterizations.
VirNext and Cynbiose have joined forces to offer a unique and innovative preclinical package of services for the evaluation of drugs, vaccines and antibodies candidates in the field of respiratory infectious diseases, from in vitro screening to in vivo efficacy models of infections
The Technology Research Platform VirNext is a spin-off (EZUS Lyon) of the the VirPath laboratory, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL1). It was created to foster industrial partnerships and enhance translational and biomedical research and led to the build up of a substancial portfolio of patents, the transfer of technologies towards the industry, the implementation of several clinical trials and the creation of four companies (VirHealth, Signia Therapeutics, Vaxxel and VirexpR). VirNext offers expertise in the field of respiratory viruses and provides a large panel of technologies, including egg and cell-based processes of virus and vaccine antigen production, and several potency tests using in vitro (cell lines and reconstituted human airway epithelium) and in vivo (mouse, hamster, ferrets) models of infections by influenza viruses, pneumoviruses, adenovirus, rhinoviruses and coronaviruses (including SARS-CoV-2 variants), dedicated to the evaluation of prophylactic and therapeutic candidates. Founded in 2012, the VirNext platform was awarded twice by the inovation trophy of the French National Institute for Industrial Property. Currently, VirNext has 10 staff and is committed in several preclinical and technological development programs and services in order to contribute to a better control of (re)-emergent respiratory viruses.
VirNext and Cynbiose are in the front line in meeting the ambitions of the French Health 2030 innovation plan and actively contributing to strengthening the positioning of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region and France in the fight against (re)-emerging infectious diseases. We are proud to be able to support academic teams and the biopharmaceutical industry with a very high value-added scientific and technical offer and thus contribute to global health
Active Biomarkers is a global leader in immunobiology, offering expert soluble and cellular biomarker testing services to advance therapies from preclinical to clinical stages. Their offer combines tens of years of experience, the highest quality environment, and the largest panel of immunoassay technologies in Europe.
Their high versatility offer includes a large menu of prequalified biomarkers and fit-for-purpose approach to better meet your needs, using key technologies for:
- Soluble biomarker testing (including anti-drug antibodies): single-plex ELISA, multiplex Luminex® and Simoa SP-XTM immunoassays, ultra-sensitive immunoassays on Simoa®HD-1 and MSD Quickplex SQ120
- Cellular biomarker testing: ELISpot, multi-parametric flow cytometry and other cell-based assays
Their specialty therapeutic areas include oncology, infectious diseases, inflammatory, auto-immune, and neurodegenerative conditions.
Motac provides highly – specialised preclinical research services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies that are developing new treatments for neurological diseases, particularly neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson’s disease or other motor and cognitive disorders.
Among the services offered are:
- in vivo models of movement disorders and neurodegeneration
- Measurement of cognitive performance (CANTAB)
- Integrated models of motor and cognitive functions
- Motac provides expert consultancy and laboratory-based research. Studies are performed to high scientific standards, the majority of which are carried out in our AAALAC accredited research facility.
Motac’s scientific team includes internationally recognised experts in neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neuropharmacology and neuropsychology.
HawkCell offers MRI imaging services that revolutionize animal diagnostics (up to 150 kg) and preclinical research. From optimized imaging protocols to image quantification and MRI sensors, the entire acquisition chain has been redesigned to meet the needs of veterinary medicine and research.
Business partners and memberships
The AFSSI, the French Association of Service and Innovation Companies for the Life Sciences has the desire to unite French companies of services and technological innovation in the strategic field of Life Sciences.
The « Association Française des Sociétés de Services et d’Innovation (AFSSI) », French Association of Outsourcing and Innovative Companies in the field of Life Sciences was born in 2012 to gather companies established in France and providing R&D services to industrial or academic partners. It is a non-profit organization (Association Loi de 1901) headquarters in Paris Region.
- AFSSI represents companies involved in a dual business model, investing a significant part of their revenues in R&D to update and broaden their technology offering in order to run research programs on behalf of third parties. They manage a long-term process to support their growth
- AFSSI provides advocacy, internal relationships, communications services for the members both large and small companies
- AFSSI challenges are driven by the vision of life science companies as top players in international competition. AFSSI works toward enriching the Life sciences industry with networking, partnering and education opportunities
- AFSSI entrepreneurs are consistent operators of life science development known as the new frontier of industry. Thanks to their know how and professionalism they make easier and faster the market access of innovative products in pharmacy, cosmetology, agro-food, etc.
As a French cluster, Lyonbiopole is the gateway to healthcare innovation in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. It aims at supporting ambitious projects and innovative companies in the healthcare & life sciences’ sector. It encourages innovators to develop new technologies, products and services toward a more personalized medicine and better treatments for patients.
The cluster’s strategic missions are focused around:
- promoting the emergence of innovative R&D collaborative projects
- supporting SME in areas such as strategic partnerships, access to private investors, expertise and training
- fostering SME Internationalization and the cluster’s position at the European and International levels
- offering access to high-level facilities dedicated to life sciences companies
- promoting members and healthcare ecosystem.
Lyonbiopole currently has more than 240 members, including 6 funders (Sanofi Pasteur, bioMérieux, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, Becton Dickinson, CEA, Fondation Mérieux), 12 subsidiaries of major groups and ETI, 207 SMEs and 18 competence centers (CHU, Universities, Foundations, etc.). Lyonbiopole received the European cluster excellence “Gold Label” by ECEI for 2nd time in 2017. The cluster is part of different European initiaitives such as bioXclusters, MAGIA, S3martMed and EIT Health.
MabDesign, the French association of the immunotherapy industrial sector, aims to support, structure, federate and increase the visibility of the industrial immunotherapy sector, foster exchanges and stimulate innovation.
Operational since September 2015, MabDesign currently counts more than 200 member companies, including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, service providers, training organizations and high-tech equipment suppliers.